Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tassel Tuesday !!!

Tassels have been around for thousands of years!

Hanging around.

Quite literally.










They are called "the finishing touch"!


I have a fondness for them, tassels.

I think because I feel like one.

My hair gets caught in the car door nearly every time I get in to drive.

And I think, "Gosh, I feel like a tassel!"

I sway to and fro through the house, the grocery store, the park.

Sway.

I do.

When someone calls my name I don't just turn around, but with my entire being I swing myself toward the sound of their voice.

I didn't know I did this.

Someone pointed it out to me one day.

"You swing and sway", I believe is what they said.

I'm a klutz type person though.  On most occasions.  I trip.  Bump into things.  I never took dance lessons or ballet or hip hop.  So swaying?  I marvel at that.  I don't feel graceful. 


I also am not a "hang around person".  I don't linger or loiter or lounge much.


I am whimsical, though.


Tassels represent WHIMSY to me!


That I am.







  

3 comments:

  1. Great tassels! You are doing a great job on all of your crafting.

    Keep on keeping on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kolein!

    You're too kind! I am starting to think I like tassels. I only threw my funky junk tassel together on a whim-- but so far, I'm liking it. My hubby is getting used to it as well.

    So what's a girl to do with all those tassels, beside hanging, swinging and swaying?... maybe next Tuesday you'll give us more insight.

    I'm loving reading your blog.
    You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I suppose being compared to a tassel isn't so bad. I am glad that you said you are whimsical and not quirky. Quirky is being over-used this week in my circles. :)

    ReplyDelete

What you say means so much

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails