Because I love
I love Donna's blog
I love getting stuff done
I did this
Thank you Marianne
for taking the reigns of
On with the show!!
Here's what I made myself do for this January 14th deadline
Note: nothing was purchased for these endeavors
in fact, I shopped the house!
1. Rearrange both boys' rooms - here's what transpired
- moved out furniture - extra book shelves and chairs
- removed large area rugs
- filled totes with toys/stuff
- moved in one large storage cabinet in each room
shelving unit moved in
roar from the crowd
"thank you, thank you!"
Shelving Unit moved in
"can I hear a shout out for the mom?"
2. Rearrange our classroom which is in our large family room (converted two-car garage) - here's what transpired
- removed many years worth of school supplies, books, etc to storage
- moved two very large and heavy cabinets out (those are the two that are now in each boys room)
- condensed school room supplies to one neat and tidy, accessible area (I have been mentally planning this for years)
- did I mention that I moved these large 4 foot hard wood cabinets up a landing and a set of three stairs and through the entire house, down the hallway and into each room?
- I meant to
- cleaned and vacuumed spider webs - horrible for me to do!
(actually this is more in-transition....I had the two cabinets back to back so I could decorate for the holidays and I had already started moving furniture and rugs out the boys rooms)
Each area labeled
the boys love working in here now...."Mom, now we can find our stuff!"
3. Brighten up the living room by way of what's underfoot - here's what transpired
- rolled up 11X14 berber from son's room - moved furniture up and over the rug as I went. Can someone say? Oh my aching neck and back and I think my arms are longer??
- rolled up 10X13 slate rug from LR
- berber was unrolled into the living room
- slate rug was put into son#1's room
- throw to the curb EC's 30 yo lounge chair - see it right there in the lower left corner? It has a cover on it. It's true color - faded LL Bean rustic burgundy - NOTE: 7yo was concerned that I was getting rid of "Daddy's chair" - "Where will he sit and relax, Mommy? I mean, that's where Daddy likes to nap. Are you still going to throw it out?"
- Move EC's lounge chair to the family room
- Remove lounge chair cover
- Yes, I did
how do I love thee? let me count the ways!
*there's my first EVER slip cover chair and ottowoman on the left and the other grey number in the back to the right is almost done...the drop cloth chair is waiting to be a slip, too.
Marianne, if it weren't for YOU (and Donna) these plans would have remained in my head for another...day or so! Bwahahaaha! ...a long time!
OK, when is the next GITTER DONE?
This is what I've got on the agenda so far:
1. Clean out the freezer
2. Make some banana bread
3. Organize my sock drawer
love you gals,