Friday, January 28, 2011

GITTER DONE

What I vowed to do for Gitter Done this week
was bury these babies into some banana bread.

Do you know how many loaves of bread I'd have to make?

A lot.

I did manage one loaf.  I just took it out of the oven.

My sock drawer is still a colorful mess.
I promise, Marianne, that when I get back from vacation I will organize that drawer and make you proud.

Gals, have you seen Marianne's pantry cupboard?

Wow!

Those door hanger things made me smile so big.  I even broke a sweat.  That's what happens when I get really happy!


What did I do for GITTER DONE?

Well.

I started another blog.

What?

I know.

It's absolutely certifiably insane to do such a thing.

I'm a 65 followed gal blog.  No biggey.  But I LOVE this so much! 

My brain swirls around all the time with creations that really blow me away and quite frankly tire me out.  There is only so much one person can do when she has a young family, church, friends, two dogs, a husband and a home to take care of.  Somewhere in there I gotta find time to take a shower and brush my teeth.  And there are days.  Let me tell you.

So, who do I think I am...creating another blog?

Crazy?

Yep.

It's not with the hope and dream of being anything BIG.  I've already got my big life.  A lot to deal with and be accountable for...but then there's this little bit of me that's starting to 

e
x
p
l
o
d
e

I told you I was a late bloomer!

You know.  Not all the flowers in the field bloom at the same time!

****

Here's the new blog.


It's raw.

It's new.

But it is something I have been dreaming about and thinking about since the first time I sat at the sewing machine and then ran back and forth to the computer to follow Polly from MAKE MINE BEAUTIFUL's  guest post on SEWING on Donna's blog.
(there was a little blog glitch somewhere and the post was lost.  Donna retrieved it for ME.  That's how I got to finish my first EVER slip cover and pillow with a zipper)
I owe so much to these ladies. And to you all.
This is Polly's Shop



Cuz, while I'm just a little ole ME who does some simple stuff and has a blast, the support I receive from you CREATIVE COSMIC WOMEN pushes all the right buttons on my artist barometer...

Finally.

So.

Refashioning Clothes.  Taking what I've got and makin' it more suitable to my style!

You can read about it here.


I'm waiting on getting a button from one of my mentors.
She shines and rocks!

And so do you all!

GOTTER DONE!

love you gals,

ps - I will be posting a picture tonight of the fresh baked banana bread! It smells 
OH SO good!

11 comments:

  1. I am clapping for you real loud right now! Like, really, I just told my kids to hold their ears while I clapped. Yep, they think I am crazy.

    I am sooooo sooooo soooo proud of you. I love your other blog and I hope everybody goes over and checks it out. You are one talented sewing lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kolein!

    You can't post pictures of banana bread unless you are willing to share. Yum!

    I'm so impressed with your new blog and all your many talents! You don't want to see my first ever slipcover... it's frightening! I hope you can teach me a few new tricks. I know your other blog is about clothing but I'd love to see a tute on how you made the ottoman slipcover. Please...

    Happy sewing!
    ~Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a piece of banana bread!! You inspire me BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I admire your ambition... I just tossed my black bananas this afternoon. :) Congrats again on the new blog. I've been chewing on starting a second blog as well. I don't see sewing in my future... but more of a devotional kinda real life sort woman/mom/teacher reflection on living life in Christ. I'm waiting for the new name to come to me...
    I am so excited to see your next recreation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so sweet. :) Polly deserves the credit for your sewing inspiration. So happy for you!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I have a slice of that banana bread - it does look delicious:)

    I'll have to head over & check out your new blog...I love it when people remake clothes. I love to have my sewing machine working & know how to work it.

    Blessings,
    Jen
    Bella Grace Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some bananas you could bake for me, while the oven is hot! Are you ready for you vacation? It was a gorgeous day here today. I went for a walk on the beach. Still a little chilly but there was a nut job in a speedo strutting his stuff. Not a pleasant sight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, you're the sweetest thang that ever was.
    You've blossomed so much since we first "met". I'm so giddy for you to keep learning, creating, and exploding. I'm cheering you on from the top of the bleachers!!!! YOU (yes You) ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Kolein, late bloomer is better than never bloomer...But I think you've been a blossom the whole time, so whatcha think about that?!? Can't wait to see what all you do, and that bread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that does look yummy. And I love your new blog idea. What a great concept to get some things done! I am sure you will get lots of Gitter Done posts out of that one! And thank you for my kitchen closet love, my dear. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Now I want banana bread, however bananas don't often get to that stage of ripeness in my house because I am always eating them!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What you say means so much

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails